Traditional Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded or julienned cooked roast beef
- 1/3 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce over crust and dot with cream cheese. Sprinkle with 1 cup provolone cheese. Top with pepper mixture, beef, pepper rings and remaining provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice equals 439 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.