- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded or julienned cooked roast beef
- 1/3 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce over crust and dot with cream cheese. Sprinkle with 1 cup provolone cheese. Top with pepper mixture, beef, pepper rings and remaining provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Traditional Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Sort By :
"This pizza is delicious. If one is going to cook, one has to expect some prep work. People today are so LAZY. No wonder they are so fat. They have no idea what they put in their mouths. My husband loved the pizza he is the meat eater."
"Very hearty pizza. Didn't have any leftover beef, so I grilled a ribeye to use. Will also cook the crust for 5 minutes before topping next time."
"Not sure why people say this has alot of prepwork...it doesn't. You can't expect to just throw a few things together and call it "cooking". This pizza is amazing! Had it the other day and I'm making it again tonight. I followed the recipe exactly except ommited the onions."
"Great weekenight dinner. I followed the recipes except omitted the pickled pepper rings. I used leftover flank steak. The crust definitely needs to be prebaked."
"Edible but not delicious. It's OK. Lots of prep. work. Prefer traditional pizza, I guess. Flavor combination was strange. Philly cheese steak should be left alone, as a sandwich, not made into other recipes (my opinion). Good try but does not pop with the expected flavor."