Sometimes my family likes their pizza crust extra crispy, so I prebake the crust for 5 minutes before adding the toppings. There are never leftovers. —Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded or julienned cooked roast beef
- 1/3 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread pizza sauce over crust and dot with cream cheese. Sprinkle with 1 cup provolone cheese. Top with pepper mixture, beef, pepper rings and remaining provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Philly Cheesesteak Pizza in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p53
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Traditional Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review