- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 slices bread, crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; spread over loaf. Bake 60-75 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Traditional Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I added italian seasoning, 1 lb hamburger, 1 lb turkey and all of us like it."
"My husband likes this (made with beef), so this is the one I will continue to make. I did add some chopped bell pepper."
"I've been making this meatloaf since I first saw it. It's the only meatloaf I like to be honest. I always run the onions finely through the food processor which gives it the onion taste without getting chunks of onion and I shred my carrots well. It's just so good!"
"it was okay, if I would make it again I would shred my carrots a little thinner."