Traditional Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes make a wonderful accompaniment to most any meal, so keep this recipe handy.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 6 medium russet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to
- a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash until light and fluffy.
- Yield: 6 servings (about 5 cups).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 167 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.