Traditional Italian Wedding Soup
You don’t have to be Italian to love this easy-to-make soup! I find it's very popular when I serve it, and makes a great meal with hot crusty Italian bread or garlic bread.—Mary Sheetz, Carmel, Indiana
9 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon raisins, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2/3 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, cut into thin strips
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef
- and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls.
- In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain. Add the
- broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken and pasta; cook 5-7 minutes longer
- or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted.