- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon raisins, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2/3 cup uncooked acini di pepe pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, cut into thin strips
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls.
- In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain. Add the broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken and pasta; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Wedding Soup in Easy Italian Cookbook 2013 2013
Reviews for Traditional Italian Wedding Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
"Good one,,,,easy to prepare"