Traditional Italian Sausage Stuffing
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pkg Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage (ground or links with casings removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, separated
- 2 loaves focaccia bread (12 oz. each), cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 5 large leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water or white wine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tbsp. olive oil until no
- longer pink; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and the remaining oil. Sprinkle
- with pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until crisp and a
- lightly browned, stirring once. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool
- In a very large bowl, combine the bread cubes, reserved sausage,