- the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide and
- shape into 30 balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- 30-45 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a cross on top of each bun. In a small bowl,
- whisk egg yolk and water; brush over tops. Bake 15-20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool slightly.
- For icing, mix confectioners' sugar and enough milk to reach desired
- consistency. Pipe a cross on top of each bun. Serve warm. Yield:
- 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bun (calculated without icing) equals 171 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.