Traditional Holiday Stuffing Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) reduced-fat bulk pork sausage or breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) day-old white bread, cubed
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) day-old whole wheat bread, cubed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Remove from heat; stir in mayonnaise, mustard, sage and poultry seasoning.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; add sausage mixture and toss. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and broth; pour over bread cubes and stir gently to combine. Transfer to two 3-qt. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 12-18 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Traditional Holiday Stuffing(3)
Sort By :
Our new thanksgiving stuffing. Very Good.
Its healthy recipes like this that give healthy recipes a bad name. Dry, bland and tasteless.
I would definitely make this recipe again, although I'd leave out the sausage. My family does not like sausage in their thanksgiving stuffing.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Sausage Stuffing >