- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a
- wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each for steam to escape;
- For filling, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan;
- gradually add milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat
- until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir 1 cup hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan. Bring to a
- gentle boil; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from
- the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool.
- Split puffs; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Fill eclairs
- just before serving. Replace tops; dust with confectioners' sugar or
- spread with frosting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.