Traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Muffins are one of my favorite things to bake, and these are the best. I always keep some in the freezer for breakfast on the run. I can zap one in the microwave before I head out the door. —Kelly Kirby Westville, Nova Scotia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 308 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC