Traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"Made them without the topping and they are just delicious. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee."
"Worst recipe ever. Even my 5 and 2yr old disliked them. Have tried other recipes for various things on here and we have not come across one thats good. Thanks but will continue to do my own thing when it ccomes to cooking as everyone loves it"
"Absolutely delicious! I made them exactly as directed."
"mmm, yummy!! just pulled a batch out of the oven and they are espessially good warm!! I didn't have any yogurt so I actually just used some cream cheese mixed with a little heavy whipping cream and they turned out fine! I did the topping with just cinnamon sugar and chocolate chips and it added the perfect touch...I will hav to do these again in the future...(and if there are any young cooks out there like me,I'm 17, these are super easy and yummy) :)"
"Excellent, I ADDED Chopped pistachios"