Traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"Excellent, I ADDED Chopped pistachios"
"This is my favorite muffin recipe by far. I have used vanilla or blueberry yogurt instead of plain and turned out fine each time. For the topping, I only use brown sugar and cinnamon for the topping, did not need the extra choc. chips. Very moist and tasty. Family loves them."
"Yummy, moist, and a crisp top!I used sour cream instead of yogurt, and didn't do the topping. Liked it without! I think the topping would make them too sweet."
"I rated them already but the stars would not come on screen so I had to do it a second time. Worth doing it twice."
"Very moist and great tasting. I did not do the topping. I put chocolate chips on top. My kids loved them !!"