Traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins(10)
Sort By :
Yummy, moist, and a crisp top!
I used sour cream instead of yogurt, and didn't do the topping. Liked it without! I think the topping would make them too sweet.
I rated them already but the stars would not come on screen so I had to do it a second time. Worth doing it twice.
Very moist and great tasting. I did not do the topping. I put chocolate chips on top. My kids loved them !!
I doubled the recipe and made 12 jumbo muffins. 3/4 cup batter in each muffin cup was perfect. I did not use the topping. They are delicious. Very moist for a muffin. They still only took 25 minutes to bake even though they were jumbo sized.
i replaced yogurt for applesauce since i didnt have any yogurt on hand and it was good the only problem was i baked them for 25 mins. and they were done way too much! they were a dark brown color.so next time i will cut down the time...