Traditional Chicken Dumpling Soup Recipe
"This soup with light dumplings always brings positive comments," says Tami. "I like to fix it to take to those who are ill."
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained, divided
- 1/3 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 5 cups Biscuit Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1. In a stockpot, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add water. Stir in the vegetables, one can of chicken, bouillon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit baking mix, parsley and remaining pepper. Stir in milk just until moistened. Fold in remaining chicken.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
1 cup equals 266 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 1,091 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Traditional Chicken Dumpling Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC