Traditional Chicken A La King Recipe
We raise fryers to feed our family for months. And this is one of our favorite ways to prepare chicken. It's a traditional dish that's sure to please.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Warm biscuits
- 1. In large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, carrots, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and sage; stir in milk and broth until smooth. Gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened; Add peas and chicken.
- 3. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Traditional Chicken A La King
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC