Traditional Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup drained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 334 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.