The aroma of this classic beef stew is irresistible, making it impossible not to dig in the moment you walk in the door. —Rosana Pape, Hamilton, Indiana
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup drained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Traditional Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p38
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Traditional Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review