Traditional Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup drained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Traditional Beef Stew(5)
Sort By :
Very Very Good Flavor!
The best stew I've made. Had no beef broth do I mixed 3 packages of instant beef oxo into 2 cups of hot water
Good I added more to it. Green Beans, Corn, Mushrooms, used red Potatoed
excellent even without the tapioca
A-w-e-s-o-m-e stew recipe! I double the meat and add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, and because my sons detest any sign of tomatoes, I blend them. The broth will seem runny while it's cooking, but if you leave the lid on for the 10 hours, the meat falls apart and the tapioca thickens the liquid. Because it's all dumped in at the same time, it is so incredibly easy. Again, a-w-e-s-o-m-e flavor!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >