- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup drained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Traditional Beef Stew
Sort By :
"Flavor was ok but I had to add much more liquid and finish in the oven for an hour and a half before it was done, Won't make again!"
"I made this last night and added corn starch instead of tapioca because that was what I had. I also added dried thyme because it seemed a little bland. It came out delicious and I loved how the meat just fell apart. Next time I want to add a little red pepper and garlic just to give it a kick, but other than that I would not change a thing."
"This was awesome!!! I did not use the tapioca or the tomatoes as I do not like them. I did double the recipe because I used a 3# chuck roast instead of stew meat. I took a few of the potatoes and a scoop of the veggies and put it in the blender with some of the beef broth and made my own gravy to pour over it all. It was delicious. I will be making again!!!"
"I tried this tonight and my very picky husband loved it did not put tomatoes or tapioca in as husband don't like them but turned out good anyway will keep using this"
"Very Very Good Flavor!"