Tra Vigne Green Beans Recipe
The title of this recipe translates to among the vines in Italian. I was inspired by a restaurant in the Napa Valley called, yes you guessed it, Tra Vigne. The flavors in this dish to me represent the essence of its title.—Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place green beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 3. In the same skillet saute shallots in bacon drippings until tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4. Add green beans and bacon, cook until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC