Tra Vigne Green Beans Recipe
The title of this recipe translates to among the vines in Italian. I was inspired by a restaurant in the Napa Valley called, yes you guessed it, Tra Vigne. The flavors in this dish to me represent the essence of its title.—Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place green beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 3. In the same skillet saute shallots in bacon drippings until tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4. Add green beans and bacon, cook until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC