Tra Vigne Green Beans Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add green beans; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place green beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet saute shallots in bacon drippings until tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add green beans and bacon, cook until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Tra Vigne Green Beans(3)
Sort By :
This was a hit at Thanksgiving, with people going for seconds and thirds. A great recipe that I'll serve year-round.
Jean, great recipe! "Tra Vigne" actually translates "between vineyards". You wrote, "The flavors in this dish to me represent the essence of its title." How beautiful!This is the way my Nonna (Italian grandmother) traditionally prepared green beans during the Christmas season. I have adopted this, too, as one of my traditional holiday dishes.