- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/4 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and seasonings, then bread crumbs.
- 3. Spoon into prepared pastry. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 689 calories, 41 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Tourtiere
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.