- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and seasonings, then bread crumbs.
- Spoon into prepared pastry. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tourtiere in Country Woman October/November 2010, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tourtiere
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >