Touchdown Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons hot water
- 3 to 4 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a football-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough hot water to achieve spreading consistency; beat until smooth. Place 3 tablespoons glaze in a small bowl; set aside.
- 5. Add cocoa to remaining glaze; stir until smooth. Spread brown glaze over cookies. Pipe white glaze onto cookies to form football laces. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 180 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Touchdown Cookies
"What a kick, pun intended, we all got out of this recipe, The only thing I changed about these cookies which I plan to make again this year, is I make them rounder and put the number of our favorite players on them using the initial Icing by It's a Party"
"These cookies are so good! We just love them. They taste like a chocolate glazed donut. Yummy."
"These cookies was positively a touchdown! My daughter took these to a Superbowl party, and they were wiped out. We will be making these for future game."
"The recipe seems really simple. I will try these sometime."
"I made these for my hospital units fall meeting and they got rave reviews. I know it comes from an old issue but I collect all old TOH magazines I can find. I love the ones from the early years and love this website."
"We really liked these alot. Will definitely make again."
"These are good and cute. We make them every year for the Super Bowl."
"I made these last year and they were not worth the trouble. Too sweet."
"I have no choice but to make these again- EVERYONE here loves them. We have them at every SuperBowl party- plus any other parties (they tell me I have to keep making them so I won't be out of practice)I do use a Sugar Cookie pouch mix when I am short on time- but I use this frosting recipe always!! :)"
"Don't know what I did wrong, but cookies were a greasey mess. threw out. waste of ingreadients."
"My son took these to school for his 7th birthday since he likes sports. Very cute for that."