Touchdown Brat Sliders
It's game time when these minis make an appearance. Two things my husband loves—beer and brats—get stepped up a notch with crunchy flavored chips. —Kirsten Shabaz, Lakeville, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup dark beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups cheddar and sour cream potato chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings.
- Cook bratwurst and onion in drippings over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the cream cheese, beer, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened,
- stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon. Spoon 1/4 cup onto each roll;
- sprinkle with chips. Replace tops. Yield: 16 sliders.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slider equals 354 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium,