Touchdown Brat Sliders Recipe
It's game time when these minis make an appearance. Two things my husband loves—beer and brats—get stepped up a notch with crunchy flavored chips. —Kirsten Shabaz, Lakeville, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup dark beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups cheddar and sour cream potato chips, crushed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings. Cook bratwurst and onion in drippings over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the cream cheese, beer, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon. Spoon 1/4 cup onto each roll; sprinkle with chips. Replace tops. Yield: 16 sliders.
1 slider equals 354 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC