- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked bratwurst links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup dark beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups cheddar and sour cream potato chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving drippings. Cook bratwurst and onion in drippings over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the cream cheese, beer, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon. Spoon 1/4 cup onto each roll; sprinkle with chips. Replace tops. Yield: 16 sliders.
Reviews for Touchdown Brat Sliders
"As a rule, I always bake or grill sausage; I never cook it on the stove. I used polish sausage because it's what I had (I pulled the casing off after cooking). Also, instead of cooking my own bacon, I bought the prepackaged Hormel "Real Bacon" that is already crumbled.My steps were:1. bake sausage, remove casing, and cut into slices.2. Cook onion in a little canola oil. Once it starts to get translucent, add the garlic.3. Add back in the sausage, cream cheese, dark beer, mustard, and pepper.I then followed the rest of the steps in the recipe.The dark beer that you use WILL change the flavor of the recipe. We used Guinness, and it tasted good, but just a tad bitter. I may try a different beer next time.We served these on King's Hawaiian rolls, and the sweetness of the rolls paired perfectly with this. We didn't use the chips, just topped it with some shredded cheddar."
"Made as directed. We live in Wisconsin and brats are a way of life. This one was just so-so."
"I used a pale ale and skipped the potato chips. They were a huge hit."
"My family absolutely loved this! I made it exactly by the recipe except I toated the slider buns on both sides. A definite hit ... even better the second time around!"
"Made these for Superbowl last night for our residents and they loved them, great recipe!!!"
"Very yummy, my family loved it. I would make it again but next time I will try it with ground beef."
"Made these for the super bowl, followed the recipe exactly. They were a huge hit, kind of like bratwurst sloppy joes!"
"i made this as a dip for a party and everyone loved it. also I have used the hawaiian bread with this and was a hit."