- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh rhubarb
- 6 small fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and rhubarb.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Place a strawberry half, cut side down, on each. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Touch of Spring Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p31
Reviews for Touch of Spring Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2011
"Yum!! Not super sweet, which I enjoyed. :) The rhubarb and strawberry was a great combination in and was really easy."
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2010
"Best warm! I used frozen fruit and it still turned out great! Devoured very quickly!"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2010
"Delicious, fresh and moist."