Touch of Honey Biscuits
Honey lends just a hint of sweetness to these light and tender dinner biscuits from Donna Jeffers of Petersburg, West Virginia (with her husband, Paul, right). "Our friend Joan gave us this recipe, so when my husband or I make them, we always call them Joan's Biscuits," Donna relates.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of
- tartar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk and honey just
- until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Roll out to
- 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for
- 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 biscuits.