Touch of Honey Biscuits Recipe
Honey lends just a hint of sweetness to these light and tender dinner biscuits from Donna Jeffers of Petersburg, West Virginia (with her husband, Paul, right). "Our friend Joan gave us this recipe, so when my husband or I make them, we always call them Joan's Biscuits," Donna relates.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk and honey just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Originally published as Touch of Honey Biscuits in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p48
Reviews for Touch of Honey Biscuits(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
I'm not good with bread...but these were easy and flaky, even for me. I wish I had doubled the recipe. Will definitely be making these again!!