You can decorate these pretty Christmas trees with other types of sprinkles. And the filling makes the cookies special and so delicious! —Linda Sweet, Cornwall, New York
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Gold pearl dust
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the Christmas tree disk, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread Nutella on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Brush tops with pearl dust. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Touch-of-Gold Christmas Trees in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p75
Reviews for Touch-of-Gold Christmas Trees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review