- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Gold pearl dust
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and extracts. In a separate bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a Christmas tree disk, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set (do not brown), 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread Nutella on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Brush tops with pearl dust. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Touch-of-Gold Christmas Trees
"Either my cookie press was too big or this recipe was way off...I only got 20 cookies total and they were too big for one person.They tasted just ok - too much work for the end product."
"I made these for a family Christmas party. I didn't put 2 trees together like it said. I instead I just added a glaze and sprinkles. They were so good! My mom made chocolate fondue and we dipped them in that too. My dad liked them so much I left the rest with him and my sister wants the recipe to make for coworkers. Very yummy!"
"Hello thanks for reviewing my cookies. I just wanted you to know that you can use what is called Sanding Sugar for the Gold effect. It is similar to the colored sugar you buy in the grocery store except it is a little "chunky""
"These were great,even without the nutella.Yes, you can use cookie cutter. YUM!"
"Made these last year and they were good. The dust is a little expensive, so I used in moderation. It is a little hard to see. Green would be better."
"Big question...I don't have a cookie press, could it be rolled out, or ??"
"I only had 1 tsp. of coconut extract so I used that instead of the vanilla and almond. They turned out awesome!"
"Delicious! I used green pearl dust. My daughter's college classmates went wild over them!"