Touch-of-Gold Christmas Trees Recipe
You can decorate these pretty Christmas trees with other types of sprinkles. And the filling makes the cookies special and so delicious! —Linda Sweet, Cornwall, New York
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Gold pearl dust
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and extracts. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the Christmas tree disk, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Spread Nutella on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Brush tops with pearl dust. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 89 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC