Tossed Wilted Lettuce Salad Recipe
My mother loved the outdoors and especially enjoyed working in her garden. When she served this salad, she would first prepare the dressing. The last thing she would do is go out to the garden to pick some lettuce. Mother timed all of this to serve my dad the freshest salad ever.
- 2 quarts fresh torn leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 5 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. Place lettuce and onions in a salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; set aside. In the drippings, combine all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Immediately pour over salad. Crumble bacon and add to salad; toss well. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 189 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Tossed Wilted Lettuce Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC