Tossed Wilted Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 2 quarts fresh torn leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 5 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. Place lettuce and onions in a salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; set aside. In the drippings, combine all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Immediately pour over salad. Crumble bacon and add to salad; toss well. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 189 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 422mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Tossed Wilted Lettuce Salad
"Delicious dressing for salad made with my garden fresh lettuce and green onions!"