- 2 quarts fresh torn leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 5 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place lettuce and onions in a salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; set aside. In the drippings, combine all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Immediately pour over salad. Crumble bacon and add to salad; toss well. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wilted Lettuce in Reminisce July/August 1992, p37
Reviews for Tossed Wilted Lettuce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2016
"Delicious dressing for salad made with my garden fresh lettuce and green onions!"