Tossed Spinach Salad
From-scratch French-style dressing is a bold topping that suits the hearty ingredients in this salad. When I make it to share at a get-together, I never have any left over. I take the salad and dressing in disposable containers and come home happily empty-handed.
-Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake
- until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 280 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.