Tossed Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 280 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Tossed Spinach Salad
"Took this today to a picnic and it was the hit of all the food. It was sooo good! I made 3 minor changes: I added an extra egg, omitted the salt and sprinkled about a tablespoon of dried minced onion flakes into the jar of dressing instead of bothering with the green onions. This recipe makes a lot of dressing. I personally like a lot of dressing on my salad but.........Do NOT pour all this dressing onto the salad at once. I only poured about 1/2 of the jar on and it was a little too much, I thought. If I had poured it all on, I would have been serving spinach salad soup! The dressing is delicious so keep any leftover for another salad."
"This salad is the perfect combination of flavors with a creamy French dressing that is to die for! We have found a new favorite salad."