Tossed Spinach Salad Recipe
From-scratch French-style dressing is a bold topping that suits the hearty ingredients in this salad. When I make it to share at a get-together, I never have any left over. I take the salad and dressing in disposable containers and come home happily empty-handed. -Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Spinach Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p39
Reviews for Tossed Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2009
This salad is the perfect combination of flavors with a creamy French dressing that is to die for! We have found a new favorite salad.