Tossed Salad with Spinach Dressing Recipe
Here's a delicious salad that's perfect for cookouts. The spinach dressing adds wonderful flavor to the vegetables.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, lettuce, onion, olives and blue cheese. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 117 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC