Tossed Salad with Simple Vinaigrette Recipe
This simple salad has a light, fresh, flavor. Friends who eat this salad for the first time in my home ask for the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, basil and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 48 calories, 4g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Simple Vinaigrette
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC