This simple salad has a light, fresh, flavor. Friends who eat this salad for the first time in my home ask for the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash each salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomato, basil and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Salad with Simple Vinaigrette in Reminisce October/November 2009, p51
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Simple Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review