This wonderful 5-ingredient recipe from Alice Tremont in Rochester Hills, Michigan is easy and elegant…with lots of blue cheese flavor and crunch from the pine nuts. Topped with raspberry vinaigrette dressing, it couldn’t be much easier to toss together on a busy weeknight or much nicer to serve company. Alice often serves it on special occasions and says it always gets compliments, and that adding grilled chicken breast turns it into a fuss-free and fabulous main dish.
Featured In: Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
- 5 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens and onion. Sprinkle with blue cheese and pine nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Salad with Pine Nuts in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p57
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Pine Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review