Tossed Salad with Pine Nut Dressing Recipe
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded zucchini
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. In a small salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients. Place the pine nuts in a blender; cover and process until finely ground. Add the water, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. Transfer dressing to a small pitcher or bowl. Serve with salad. Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to 3 days. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts 1-1/4 cups salad with 2 tablespoons dressing equals 205 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.