This crunchy, colorful salad is full of fresh veggies, straight from our garden. It’s drizzled with my tangy pine nut dressing.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons shredded zucchini
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients. Place the pine nuts in a blender; cover and process until finely ground. Add the water, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer dressing to a small pitcher or bowl. Serve with salad. Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to 3 days. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Salad with Pine Nut Dressing in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p17
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Pine Nut Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review