Tossed Salad with Peaches Recipe
- 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Slice three peaches; set aside. Cut the remaining peach in half; place in a blender. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vinegars and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, romaine, onion and cucumber. Pour about 2/3 cup dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a serving platter; top with sliced peaches and bacon. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Peaches
"This was delish. I loved the bacon in it. I added candied pecans and a bit or Gorgonzola it went perfect with grilled pork chops."