Tossed Salad with Peaches Recipe
Here's a colorful salad with a wide range of tastes and textures that go together so well. There are sweet peaches, tart lemon, tangy vinegars and all kinds of crunch from greens, bacon and nuts. —Denise Elder, Hanover, Ontario
- 4 medium ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Slice three peaches; set aside. Cut the remaining peach in half; place in a blender. Add the sugar, lemon juice, vinegars and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, romaine, onion and cucumber. Pour about 2/3 cup dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a serving platter; top with sliced peaches and bacon. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 127 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC