Tossed Salad with Oranges Recipe
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 to 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1. In a food processor or blender, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, mustard and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, oranges, bacon and almonds. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/2 cups dressing).
1 each: 218 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Oranges
"My family really enjoyed the different taste of this salad. Even my "will not touch salad with a 10 ft. pole" son ate some and said that it's a keeper. The oranges give it a nice fresh, crisp flavor. I did substitue turkey bacon for the bacon and it still was great. One thing I would change for next time is decreasing the amount of onion in the dressing. It was good, it just had way too much onion bite and aftertaste. I don't know if it's our pungeant onions around here or what, but next time I will be decreasing the onion by at least half."