Tossed Salad with Oranges
The combination of fresh greens, tangy oranges, savory bacon and crunchy almonds is one of my specialties. Topped with a pleasantly sweet dressing, this salad brings a splash of color to any table.Anne Wegener, Springville, Indiana
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 to 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a food processor or blender, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar,
- onion, mustard and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Stir in the
- poppy seeds
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, oranges, bacon and almonds.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10
- servings (1-1/2 cups dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium,