Tossed Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
A unique lime vinaigrette adds just the right amount of tang, making this tossed salad stand out from any others. Mix and match your favorite salad greens and veggies.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, tomato and cucumber. In a jar with
- a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, lime juice, sugar, onion, lime
- peel and salt; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 148 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.