- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 21 servings.
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
"This is so simple and I can't believe how delicious it was! I used thick cut peppered bacon from the meat department instead of pre packaged stuff and it was amazing. Will make it again very soon."
"I made this for a church supper. I had many requests for the recipe. I did serve the dressing on the side plus had some otheer choices. I'm making a double recipe for our lasagna meal at our next church supper. Yum."