Tossed Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing Recipe
Phyllis Hickey of Bedford, New Hampshire says, "I often mix some escarole and spinach with leaf lettuce for this salad. I always receive compliments on the pleasant dressing."
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- Croutons, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, onion, garlic; simmer until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add sugar; simmer until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the Miracle Whip, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce, carrots and bacon bits; add dressing and toss to coat. Top with croutons if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p45
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review