We love going to the farmer's market on summer Saturdays to by homegrown lettuce and fresh produce for salads. I hope you'll try my special dressing, made with pureed vegetables. I've received compliments on its flavor and pretty color.
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 small carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a bowl or small pitcher; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Stir dressing and serve with salad. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 10 servings (3 cups dressing).
Originally published as Tossed Salad with Carrot Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p33
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Carrot Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review