Tossed Salad with Carrot Dressing Recipe
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 small carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a bowl or small pitcher; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Stir dressing and serve with salad. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 10 servings (3 cups dressing).
Reviews for Tossed Salad with Carrot Dressing
Sort By :
"I agree with the others regarding the sugar. I used 3/4 cup and it was plenty sweet. The dressing is delicious and I love that it makes a lot. I added 1/2 cup of toasted sliced almonds and forgot to add the tomatoes. It would only serve 6 for us.5 stars for sure. Thanks!"
"Best homemade dressing I have ever made!!"
"This dressing is the bomb! I was looking for something different, and came across this recipe. It's simple to make and I usually have all the ingredients. Even my son, who usually only likes creamy dressings, ate this up and asked for it to be made again. This will be going in my rotation. You can also cut down on the sugar, since this is a very sweet dressing. Love it."
"Very scrumptious. Next time I will not mix in the crunchy noodles...they got soggy and made the left over for lunch a NO."