Tossed Pepperoni Pizza Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3/4 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni, quartered (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, onion, peppers, grape tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 183 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.