Sun-dried tomato dressing is a perfect complement to the peppers, cheese and pepperoni in this fun recipe I call "Pizzalicious Salad." For a change of pace, I sometimes omit the sun-dried tomato dressing and drizzle the mozzarella cubes with olive oil. —Lisa DeMarsh, Mount Solon, Virginia
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3/4 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni, quartered (about 1/2 cup)
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, onion, peppers, grape tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk salad dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Pepperoni Pizza Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tossed Pepperoni Pizza Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review