Tossed Italian Salad
A fresh garden salad with homemade Italian-style dressing is the perfect accompaniment to my special lasagna. Nicely seasoned with garlic, herbs and a hint of lemon, the dressing is our family's favorite. As soon as the jar is empty, I make more.
-Evelyn Gebhardt, Kasilof, Alaska
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash dried thyme
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- Sliced cucumbers, quartered cherry tomatoes and shredded carrot
- in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients;
- shake well. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, combine
- the greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots in a salad bowl. Drizzle
- with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 82 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.