A fresh garden salad with homemade Italian-style dressing is the perfect accompaniment to my special lasagna. Nicely seasoned with garlic, herbs and a hint of lemon, the dressing is our family's favorite. As soon as the jar is empty, I make more. -Evelyn Gebhardt, Kasilof, Alaska
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash dried thyme
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- Sliced cucumbers, quartered cherry tomatoes and shredded carrot
- in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 11 ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Just before serving, combine the greens, cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots in a salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tossed Italian Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p31
Reviews for Tossed Italian Garden Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2009
"I really enjoyed this salad and plan on serving this to guests this weekend."