I never clutter the table with different bottles of dressing. Everyone who tastes my quick and easy herbed version loves it.—Carole Holder, Norman, Oklahoma
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine greens, cucumber, peas, onions and celery. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as tossed Green Salad in Country Woman January/February 2005, p39
Reviews for Tossed Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2012
"A simple recipe that's easy to make and yummy to eat. Everybody, including the hard-to-please 4 year-old at the table, loved it."